Lately, I have been trying to save a few dollars at the grocery store. I have not cooked nor baked this much in years! I love looking at all the recipe sites online. I read cookbooks like novels. The Food network is always on my TV!
I have found the most wonderful homemade bread recipe! It is so easy, I have made it three times so far this week! Here is the link. http://breadbaking.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/1loafbread.htm. Be careful though. You will want a stick of fresh butter and a couple of knives when this comes out of the oven! I doubled the recipe and made two loaves and it was just fine!
I saw this recipe on Facebook for Hawaiian Chicken. I thought it sounded so good, then I read the reviews! So now, I am craving this dish and the reviews are awful. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided, What have I go to lose? So, this is my Hawaiian Chicken, Kimmie Lou style!
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN
Ingredients to gather:
4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cubed
1 Medium Onion Chopped
1 Green Pepper chunked
1 Red Pepper chunked
1 Can Chunk Pineapple in it's own juice
1 Can Mandarin Oranges in juice
3/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1 Cup Pineapple juice (from can, add water to make one cup is necessary)
1 Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in large gallon size zip lock bag. Squeeze bag until sugar is dissolved. Add to this mixture, the chunked chicken. Marinate for a couple of hours in the referigerator.
When ready to put meal together, Put 2 Tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Preheat. Add chicken without the marinade. Cook until almost done. Remove from skillet and add veggies, stir fry until tender crisp. Mean while, add the corn starch to the marinade and squeeze until dissolved. This will make a slurry. Add the Chicken, pineapple, and mandarin oranges to the skillet, pour slurry over all. Cook and stir until thickened.
I put this over rice. My favorite is Minute Rice, it's a no brainer. Enjoy! Left overs are great! I had them for breakfast this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment