I love to cook! I love to bake! Even more than cooking and baking I love watch people enjoy my offerings! So, with that in mind, I have been encouraged to do a cooking blog. Don't know how to blog, but, here we go!
Yesterday, I made scratch biscuits and sausage gravy! My daughter Audrey is a bread and potato-holic and had been on me to make her some biscuits and gravy. So, being the loving mother that I am, I finally got myself into the kitchen!
As soon as I figure this all out, I am sure this will be a much cuter blog! With Photos even!
BISCUITS
Preheat Oven to 425F
Ingredients to gather:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
1/2 Cup Butter Flavor Crisco Shortening
4 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Milk or Buttermilk
In Large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder. Stir with fork. Add shortening and water. Cut shortening into dry ingredients until crumbly. Add milk and stir until dough follows fork around the bowl. If sticky, add flour 1 Tablespoon at a time, until no longer sticky.
Flour counter and turn dough onto floured surface. Do not knead, I find this makes the biscuits tough. Pat out dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter, place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Gather dough, pat and cut until dough is used. Bake in hot oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. This makes about 10-12 biscuits, depending on what size your biscuit cutter is.
I also use this for my strawberry shortcake. I just add a tablespoon or two of sugar to make the biscuit a bit sweet. Split biscuit, on bottom layer add a scoop of ice cream, cover with berries. Add biscuit top, cover with berries and whipped cream. Yummy!!!
Sausage Gravy
Ingredients to Gather
1 lb Bulk Breakfast Sausage
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
3 Cups Milk
In hot skillet, brown sausage, breaking up while browning in pan. After sausage is nicely browned, add the butter. Stir until melted . Once butter has melted, add flour to mixture and stir until flour is incorporated into butter & sausage. Add Milk, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Once desired thickness is achieved, turn off heat, split biscuits and cover with gravy. Rib sticking breakfast!
No comments:
Post a Comment